Orientation Day is Tuesday, August 15th at the school.
When you pick up your child’s teacher assignment packet, available for pick-up beginning July 31st, you will receive a schedule that will explain when you need to attend class and/or grade level orientation meetings with the teachers. It is also important to visit the cafeteria this day between 8:00am and 2:00pm to fill out all school-related paperwork and pay associated dues. You should allow at least one hour for the cafeteria visit.
SAVE TIME, DO THESE BEFORE YOU COME:
- Pay school fees (All Students) and laptop fees (Middle School Only) in advance: https://anchorageschool.cheddarup.com
- Order your school supplies online: schooltoolbox.com
- Add money to your child’s lunch account at MySchoolBucks: www.MySchoolBucks.com
- Complete your child’s KHSAA Sports Physical Form: https://anchorageschool.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/sports-forms.pdf
- Complete your APTA membership form: OrientationDayFeeForm2017
- BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK!
- Many parents try to plan their visit around the classroom orientation meetings, but please keep in mind that if you have a Kindergartener, the Kindergarten orientation begins at 2:00pm. The cafeteria area will be closed after 2:00pm so getting to the cafeteria before your meeting time is very important!
- Childcare will be available in the school auditorium from 10:00am to 3:00pm, as the orientation meetings are usually for parents only.
- 6th/7th/8th grade- 8:30-9:45am, Auditorium- Chromebook Initiative Info (STUDENTS MUST ATTEND TOO)
- 5th grade Parent Meeting, 10:15-11:00am, Library
- 4th grade Parent Meeting, 11:00-11:15am, Library, then 11:15-11:45am, Classrooms 227, 228 and 229
- 3rd grade Parent Meeting, 11:45am-12:30pm, Classrooms 121, 124 and 221
- 2nd grade Parent Meeting, 12:30-1:15pm, Classrooms 122, 123 and 125
- 1st grade Parent Meeting, 1:15-2:00pm, Classrooms 214 and 215
- Kindergarten Parent Meeting, 2:00-2:45pm, Classrooms 211, 212 and 213